Help for Homeschool Moms
I produce videos and books that I hope will help homeschool moms with their homeschooling and with their relationships in their families. I have a passion for encouraging homeschool moms to keep on homeschooling even when it gets hard. I really believe that homeschooling is the best way to cultivate strong family relationships and to foster deep and lasting learning. If we, the moms, learn right along with our children, the shared learning experience bonds us together, especially when we are learning from a good book being read aloud together. It’s the least painful, most enjoyable way to learn, in my opinion.
I have recorded several videos through Facebook Challenges that I did to help new homeschool moms just starting out to relax and feel more confident about their ability to homeschool. The things I teach can also help veteran homeschool moms to relax and enjoy their homeschool experience more. I will upload some of the teachings here on my blog.
Here are some videos that you might find helpful.
In this video I talk about identifying the learning styles of our children and why that’s important, how it can help in our homeschools.
I was interviewed by Jessica Anderson about my book of prayers for homeschool moms called “Short, Powerful Prayers for Busy Homeschool Moms”. We talked about the reason I wrote the book and some different ways to use it. I read some sample prayers from the book. I think you’ll really find this book useful when you need a prayer to help you get back on track or need some help in praying for the needs of your children, yourself, or your marriage. You can grab this book in the midst of a crisis and find the perfect prayer to address the problem and pave the way for a spiritual solution. Jessica Interview of Penney_12-22-21 (1)
Let’s Face Facts
Happy February, Safe Haven Homeschoolers!
How is everyone doing? Are you feeling fine or wondering what’s going to happen next and afraid that we are on the verge of World War 3?
If the latter is your state of mind, I’m not surprised. Everything certainly appears to be heading that way.
Let’s look at the facts:
1. In the US, we have runaway inflation.
2. Mask and v a x mandate protests in Canada and all around the world.
3. It appears that Russia is about to invade Ukraine.
4. China seems like it is going to take over Taiwan.
5. Our “pResident” is making us the laughingstock of the whole world.
6. We all have to pretend that he won the election for some reason.
7. The WEF wants to turn us all into machines or kill us, whichever happens after they put all of their serums in us.
8. There are many side effects of the v a x that are slowly being revealed.
9. Many medical workers and military and other professions have lost jobs because of v a x mandates.
10. The schools are indoctrinating our children and turning them into activists for liberal causes.
All right, that’s enough facts. Of that variety.
Now let’s talk about some encouraging facts and figures:
1. God is still on the throne.
2. All things work together for our good, when we trust Him.
3. All things are possible with God!
4. The mandates are coming down in many countries around the world!
5. The trucker convoys are working, and mandates are being taken down in some parts of Canada.
6. Wisconsin is talking about decertifying the election. So is Arizona. And legislatures in other states are also talking about it.
7. Fauci has been discredited, and nobody’s listening to him anymore. Nobody with any sense, anyway.
8. Parents are learning how to get back control of their schools through making claims against the surety bonds of their school board members. for violating their oath of office. And mask mandates are being dropped in some schools.
9. A group of international lawyers and a judge are conducting criminal investigation modeled after Grand Jury proceedings in order to present to the public all available evidence of COVID-19 Crimes Against Humanity to date against “leaders, organizers, instigators and accomplices” who aided, abetted or actively participated in the formulation and execution of a common plan for a pandemic. Reiner Fuellmich is a good man to follow to find out more about this.
10. People are waking up and realizing that they have been controlled and manipulated by the media, arts and entertainment, Hollywood, education, and the elites, and they are saying “No more!”. This is the Great Awakening!
So, hey, things are not as bad as they appear, are they?
And I have a great list of things you can do in your homeschool to celebrate the great month of February to make things even better.
And I have some more good news to share in my next email about a wonderful retreat that will be more of a REFRESH for all of you hard-working, self-sacrificing mamas. It will be online, so you can come in your pajamas! In fact, that’s what we’re asking you to do the first night.
But more about that later.
For now, I’ll close this facing the facts letter and go look for some more good news to share with you all.
Be watching your email for more information about our upcoming REFRESH for homeschool moms.
Blessings and peace to you and yours,
Safe Haven Homeschooling
https://penneydouglas.com – personal blog
https://facebook.com/groups/685039598704532 -Crisis Homeschooling
linktr.ee/Penneydouglas – all the places you can find my stuff
https://changed-by-love.teachable.com/p/the-basics-of-homeschooling – e-course for beginning homeschoolers and those who want to be refreshed and encouraged to relax
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj7LaO4343OwUn2lp0RAotA – Safe Haven Homeschooling YouTube channel
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1481620172224929 – How Can I Pray for You?
https://www.amazon.com/Penney-Douglas/e/B08BTS4V4C – author page on Amazon
I made this huge list of activities and books that cover the big topics for February, including Groundhog Day, Valentine’s Day, President’s Day, and Black History month.
Enjoy and share it with your friends!
Dear Homeschool Mama,
How are you doing? Really. Is homeschooling as good as you thought it would be? Do you feel like your kids are getting the best education they can get? Do you feel like your family is thriving with homeschooling?
If you answered “no” to any of these questions, I have something that will help you.
I have 25 years of experience homeschooling my 10 children. I LOVE homeschooling. I still have another 5 years or so of educating my children at home. And I don’t want it to ever end!
I have graduated 6 students from homeschooling. They all have jobs, and some have started families.
And I’m still homeschooling my 4 youngest children.
So, you might say I’m an expert in homeschooling. I’ve learned how to keep on homeschooling all the way through, with your relationships intact and your nerves unfrayed.
Well, I have written an e-course to help you to relax your homeschool and to free yourself from fear.
This course will help you to gain confidence in your ability to teach your children. Go from overwhelmed to peaceful. From feeling lost to feeling capable. From fearful and insecure to confident.
My dream for you is that you enjoy homeschooling your children. In this course I share techniques and approaches that will help you do that. Here’s a tip: If you let your children know how much you love them and provide resources to help them learn, you will find that the experience is beneficial to the whole family.
Please check out this course, and see if it is what you need to adjust, tweak, or completely overhaul your homeschool routine/method/mindset.
Here is a video that describes the course in more detail.
And this is where you can go to sign up for the course.