Sometimes life gets hard. And having a good, strong marriage can help you through the hard times. At other times, it seems that your marriage is what is making life so hard.
So what do you do when it seems like life and marriage aren’t turning out the way you expected it to despite your best efforts?
Here are some things you can do to help improve your attitudes and make life more pleasant for yourself, for your husband and for your whole family:
- Adjust your expectations.
- Accept that some things about your mate may never change.
- Take on the leadership role (e.g. spiritual leader) if you have to even if you wish your husband would take it on.
- Encourage your husband to read the same books about marriage, relationships, parenting, family, etc. that you are reading so that the two of you are on the same page. Pun intended.
- Talk to your husband about how you are feeling in a non-threatening, non-accusing way.
- Pray for God to help you to see your husband the way He sees him. And love him the way God does.
Please watch the scope I did about this topic here: